Background

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Theta Thursday: Alum News

So it's been about 6 months that I've been graduated, and hence, no longer an active Theta. But Theta does a really terrific job of keeping alums close. Our local chapter has a monthly Kite Night where alums in town get together for drinks or dinner and catch up with each other. When I was active, everyone was within 3 years of me. Now I'm meeting alums that have been out of college for 20 or 30 years. Their experiences of Theta are so much different than mine, but they're still similar, because things like ritual, values, and sisterhood have continued on for more than a hundred years.

Back in September, I helped out with recruitment (photo above) where I got to hang out with a bunch of other alums and creep on PNMs in the process ;)

This past week, we had a Christmas party at my chapter and alums could come and bring their kids. There was hot chocolate and snacks, and even cookie decorating and ornament making. And one of my bunny family members was Santa! It was kind of awkward because Katrina is NOT a kid person, and she had these kids climbing on her lap and asking for barbies and such. Her face was one of sheer terror every time another little one came over to her. The whole night was obviously kid-oriented, but I still had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment